Friday, March 11, 2011

We made it to Houston....

Well, we finally made it to Houston. We've been here 5 days and time is flying. I would say that's a good thing. We miss our Lil Bailey terribly. I hope he'll be ok.

 I can't believe I’m almost 37 weeks now. I went to my doctor's appt this past Tuesday and all my results for my prenatal care are looking good. Blood pressure 100/78. My amniotic fluid level is 11 percent or centimeters which is normal. Maddox's heart beat is 153 which is great. They also put me on a Fetal monitor for about 20 minutes to record and monitor how Maddox heart is doing. And his results and numbers were great! The nurse had mentioned that he's heart beat is great and his signs show that he's a happy, stress free baby. :) I was soo relieved!! Tawa mentioned that Maddox is just like his dad. J Tawa is so proud of his son.

 My obstetrician name is Dr Ivey. Dr Ivey delivers all the babies for Dr Oluteya (Maddox’s doctor) at the Fetal Center. When we first had out first visit with Dr Ivey several weeks ago, I'd mentioned that we were Jehovah’s Witnesses and told him my stand on blood. To my surprise his reaction was very respectful and pleasant about it. He was also knowledgeable in regards to our stand because he said he had talked to the HLC (Hospital Liaison Committee) in the past and it sounded like he was educated about the different non blood management and options. And too, he asked me of what was allowed by my conscience and so forth. Anyways, I just thought that this was a pleasant reaction to receive compared to my other experience with other obstetrician in the recent past.

 I’ll be having doctor’s appt twice a week until I have the baby. Oh yeah, if I don’t have the baby early which I hope not. I’ll be having Maddox  for sure on Monday, March 28th. Dr Ivey prefers to induce me when I’m 39 weeks, so that the team can be prepared for Maddoxs care. That’s only two weeks away!!!

So far Houston has been treating us well. The weather here is humid and has been a lil chilly lately. My boss was awesome enough to let me work down here at the Houston Branch until I have the baby. Tawa was not able to transfer down here. :( The HLC was able to get us in contact with Sister Kelly who graciously opened her house to us and allowed us to stay with her during the course of our stay in Houston. She is such a sweet and loving sister!! It's truly a blessing upon blessing to be a part of Jehovah's loving organization. Jehovah's hand is never short and we have seen this in the course of the last several weeks. We have complete trust and faith that He will take care of us. We are just simply amazed at the support and love the family, the brothers and sisters have displayed toward us three. The love and support means sooo much to us. We can't thank you enough!!

Love - Jenny Torry

No comments:

Post a Comment