Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 22, 2011 Update

I got off work early to go for my normal ob visit on Tuesday March 22nd. During my sonogram, the doctor found out that my amniotic fluid level was really low at 4 centimeter. Last week I was at 14 which was pretty normal. The low fluid level was affecting Maddox's movements and could cause more complication. So the doctor immediately admitted me to St Luke Hospital for delivery. Thank goodness we had our hospital luggage ready in the car for just in case I was to go into labor early. This was nerve wrecking because I wasn't prepared to have Maddox until the following Monday. But Maddox was saying he wasn't waiting till Monday!! So at the hospital, the doctor decided to monitor Maddox and see how he does over night and wait till the morning to induce or perform c section. Either vaginal delivery or c section will ultimately depend on Maddox. Tuesday night was definitely a long night. The anticipation and worrying about Maddox was on extreme high. We told several friends and family of the news. Lenise and Michael Ross immediately drove from San Antonio and stayed by our side and kept us company for the evening. They were so sweet and supportive as well as they helped the night go a little faster. My family and Nancy came the next day from Grand Prairie. Everyone's support was definitely needed and appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for Maddox! I think I read on SanJuanita's facebook that Maddox was put on ECMO? I am praying for your warrior and your family. Stay strong and tell that little guy to keep fighting. Fight Maddox fight!!

    Sending you much love,
    Tracy, Ian's mom from CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete